General Blue Host Info
Founded in 2003 by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth in Provo, Utah, Bluehost today employs over 750 people and powers more than two million websites globally. This webhost relies entirely on open source technology to run its platforms, including the new Bluehost Open Source Services (BOSS) program. In fact, Bluehost claims that it has a development team with experience in optimizing more than 80 open source platforms. Below is a detailed Bluehost review, from service offerings to the cons.
BlueHost Features and Advantages
1 Year free domain with your shared host plan.
User friendly and full feature cPanel.
Unlimited and free emails account.
24×7 Phone & Live Chat Support.
Multiple hosting options including: Shared hosting, VPS hosting, Dedicated hosting, WordPress hosting and WooCommerice hosting.
Help center with video tutorials.
Blue Host offers consumers several web hosting packages including:
• Shared hosting
• VPS hosting
• Dedicated hosting
• Cloud sites
• WordPress hosting
• WooCommerce hosting
Here is a detailed look at each of these hosting packages:
Shared hosting is a cost-effective solution that is ideal for first-time website owners—both individuals and companies. This hosting plan consists of three packages:
• Plus(most popular according to Blue Host)
• Business Pro
BlueHost’s Shared Plans Compared
The basic hosting package normally costs $7.99 per month, but Blue Host is currently offering this package for only $3.49 per month. Despite the huge discount, consumers still get to enjoy all the package features including unmetered bandwidth, 50 GB of storage space, 5 parked domains, 100 MB of email storage space per account, 25 sub-domains, 5 email accounts, and support for one website.
The Plus hosting package boasts many notable features including unlimited websites, unmetered bandwidth, unmetered website storage space, one domain, unlimited parked domains, unlimited sub-domains, unlimited email accounts, unlimited email storage, more than $24 per year in extras, marketing offers worth $200, and access to one spam expert. This package is currently priced at $5.95 per month although it normally costs $10.99.
Business Pro package If you prefer more flexibility and better security features, then you should go for the Business Pro package. This package normally costs $23.99 per month, but Bluehost is currently offering it for only $13.95 per month. By choosing this package you would get to enjoy unlimited websites, unmetered website storage space, unmetered bandwidth, one domain, unlimited parked domains, unlimited subdomains, unlimited email storage, unlimited email accounts, marketing offers worth $300, over $180 annually in extras, one SSL certificate, one dedicated IP, two spam experts, and data backup via SiteBackup Pro.
VPS hosting gives webmasters access to virtual private servers that are based on cloud computing technology. Bluehost currently offers its clients four VPS hosting solutions:
• The Standard package, which is currently going for $14.99 per month (normally priced at $29.99), comes with two CPU cores, 30GB SAN storage, 2GB RAM, 1TB bandwidth, 24/7 support, money-back guarantee, one IP address, and one domain.
• The Enhanced package with its two CPU cores, money-back guarantee, 60GB SAN storage, 2TB bandwidth, 4GB RAM, 24/7 support, and two IP addresses will set you back $29.99 monthly (normally $59.99).
• The Premium package is currently priced at $44.99 per month (normally $89.99) and comes with features such as 3 CPU cores, 6GB RAM, 120GB SAN storage, 3TB bandwidth, 24/7 support, money-back guarantee, two IP addresses and one domain.
• The Ultimate package, is currently going for $59.99 (normally $119.99) per month and its features include four CPU cores, 8GB RAM, 240 SAN storage, 4TB bandwidth, money-back guarantee, 24/7 support, two IP addresses, and one domain.
Dedicated hosting gives you unparalleled website security, control, and performance. Bluehost dedicated hosting plan consists of the following packages:
• Standard package: If you buy this package today, you will pay only $79.99 per month (normally $109.99) and enjoy a wide range of features including 5TB bandwidth, 4GB RAM, 1TB mirrored storage, 4 × 2.5 GHz CPU, one domain, money-back guarantee, three IP addresses, and 24/7 support.
• The Enhanced-hosting package: Currently priced at $99.99 per month (normally $159.99) this package offers users 24/7 support, 8GB RAM, 1TB mirrored storage, 10TB bandwidth, four IP addresses, one domain, and 4 × 2.5 GHz CPU.
• The Premium package: costs $119.99 per month (normally $209.99) and its features include 4 × 3.3 GHz CPU, money-back guarantee, five IP addresses, one domain, 1TB mirrored storage, 16GB RAM, and 24/7 support.
Today, Bluehost prides itself as a WordPress hosting leader largely because it has maintained a solid partnership with WordPress for over 10 years. In fact, Bluehost has dedicated engineers involved in full-time WordPress CORE development, thereby enabling it to offer optimized WordPress hosting starting at just $19.99 per month. More importantly, Bluehost WordPress hosting utilizes cutting-edge VPS technology that is secure, simple, and fast. Bluehost offers the following four packages under this category:
• Blogger package: You can enjoy the full range of features including one IP address, 100 million visits per month, 2GB RAM, 30GB storage, one domain, 30GB backup, five ManageWP sites, money-back guarantee, 24/7 support, SiteLock CDN, enhanced cPanel, and SiteLock Pro security for just $19.99 per month instead of the normally $39.99. However, this is a limited offer.
• Professional package: Currently going for $29.99 per month instead of the normal $59.99, this package offers 60GB storage, 300 million visits, 60GB backup, 4GB RAM, 10 ManageWP sites, money-back guarantee, 24/7 support, SiteLock Pro security, enhanced cPanel, SiteLock CDN/WAF Pro, one domain, and one IP address.
• Business package: For just $39.99 per month for a limited time only, this package would grant you access to 600 million visits, 6GB RAM, 120GB backup, 120GB storage, 20 ManageWP sites, one domain, one IP address, money-back guarantee, Positive SSL certificate, SiteLock Premium security, SiteLock CDN/WAF Pro, enhanced cPanel, and 24/7 support. This package normally costs $89.99 per month.
• The Enterprise package: Currently priced at $49.99 per month (normally $129.99), this package offers unlimited monthly visits, 30 ManageWP sites, 240GB storage, 240B backup, 8GB RAM, Positive Wildcard SSL certificate, one domain, one IP address, 24/7 support, money-back guarantee, enhanced cPanel, SiteLock CDN/WAF Pro, SiteLock Enterprise security, and Positive Wildcard SSL.
WooCommerce is a unique hosting solution designed to suit the needs of ecommerce entrepreneurs and businesses alike. With monthly fees as low as $11.95 inclusive of WordPress hosting, this solution is ideal for ecommerce sites because it is easy to set up, supports secure payments, and comes with dedicated 24/7 support. In fact, you can set up an ecommerce site that includes payments secured with an SSL certificate and dedicated IP in just a few minutes. It is worth noting that WordPress’s specialty in content management makes it the ideal platform for hosting online stores.
Cloud Sites is a hosting solution that makes it easy to set up cloud-based websites. Moreover, this hosting solution is designed to ensure leveraging the power of cloud computing is safer, faster, simpler, and less intimidating. Hosting plans under this category include:
• Performance (most popular)
• Business Pro
• The Starter plan is normally priced at $9.99 per month but you can enjoy all its features including 100GB storage space, one website, one free domain, unmetered bandwidth, two CPUs, marketing offers worth $50, 500MB email storage, 100 email accounts, 2GB RAM, 1-click resource scaling, and local caching for just $5.95 per month. However, this is a limited offer.
• Similarly, the Performance plan, which normally costs normally $13.99 per month, is currently priced at $8.95 per month. It features unlimited sites, unmetered bandwidth, unmetered storage space, 4GB RAM, four CPUs, one free domain, marketing offers worth $200, unlimited email accounts, unlimited email storage, local caching, and 1-click resource scaling.
• Finally, for just $15.95 per month (normally $25.99), you can get the Business Pro plan package and access myriad hosting features including unlimited websites, unmetered storage space, unmetered bandwidth, one free domain, 6GB RAM, 6 CPUs, marketing offers worth $200, unlimited email accounts, 1-click resource scaling, unlimited email storage, local caching, and two SpamExperts. Site owners who purchase any of these plans also enjoy automated migration and data mirroring.
Final Verdict: Blue Host Review
Bluehost runs several programs geared towards better service delivery and contributing to worthy causes. These include:
• Bluehost Open Source (BOSS)
BOSS essentially champions the use of open source technologies while affiliates is a program that rewards Bluehost clients with a $65 commission for each referral. Non-profits is a program that Bluehost has set up to offer free hosting accounts to qualifying charities and non-profit organizations.
Besides the aforementioned programs, Bluehost has a dedicated support team that handles queries from both existing and potential clients. On its website, Bluehost has a “help” page that contains a lot of useful information on accounts (opening and managing), WordPress, domains, control panel, email, as well as frequently asked questions (FAQs). Furthermore, Bluehost’s website has in depth video and text-based tutorials (listed under video tutorials, knowledgebase, and getting started) covering a wide range of topics including domain transfer and creating FTP accounts. If these resources are not helpful, you can contact Bluehost representatives via the “contact us” page. Clients can also submit a “support ticket” detailing the problems they are facing and track support history as well.
Although you can use Bluehost to search and register a domain name, the site does not provide pricing information up front. This makes it hard for site visitors to determine the cost of registering domain names. Nevertheless, the domain search webpage has a minimalist and clean look with the only dominant element being the “new domain” search feature.
Blue Host is a web hosting company that has been operational since 2003. Its products include shared, dedicated, VPS, WordPress, and WooCommerce hosting. This is in addition to domain search and registration as well as Cloud Sites. Bluehost also has a very efficient customer support department that is accessible round-the-clock.
Thank you for reading this BlueHost Review. I hope you find it useful!
BlueHost Review - Our Rating
BlueHost is a well known in the hosting industry for having high quality shared hosting for the money. They are one of the best known hosting companies. BlueHost is ideal for beginner or small business because it is very easy to use and user friendly cPanel interface. They have reliable and fast servers. While their customer is not one of the best in the business, but with the low price package, it is definitely a value choice for small business web host.